Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thank you


While we did not win a Trustee seat (10th place out of 17) we made many new friends, learned a lot, and gained a new appreciation for the Albany Public Library and the Friends of the APL.

Many thanks to all those who voted for me, signed my petition, carried my petition and encouraged me to run.

I had a great time and of course I will continue my involvement with APL issues and other community matters in the City of Albany. Congratulations to those four who were elected and also congratulations to all the others on the ballot.


Many, many thanks to my GOTV crew: Eileen, Anne, Leora and Brandon and to all the many family, friends and supporters who assisted me throughout the campaign. The unofficial canvas by the school district is:

School Budget

Yes 2345

No 2699



LIBRARY TRUSTEES:

Dennis Gaffney 1828 Trustee Elect

Mary Ellen O'Connor 1718 Trustee Elect

Leonard Ricchiuti 1423 Trustee Elect

James Gallagher 1368 Trustee Elect

Andrew O'Toole 1063

Linda Mallory-Mitchell 999

Deborah Williams - M 798

Lois Parsons 793

Alexandra Streznewski 788

Andrew Bechard 732

Patricia Polan 719

Ethel Silverberg 699

Gene Solan 622

William Newman 587

Jose Lopez 527

Anton Konev 426

Thomas Preston 365

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm with the Friends of the APL, and I was SHOCKED by the number of peiople who ran. I ended up voting for you because I saw your name out there more than most, FWIW.

Roger Owen Green said...

congrats on getting on the Board