Monday, April 30, 2007

Books on my Nightstand - Andrew Bechard for Albany Public Library Trustee


My name is Andrew Bechard and I’m running for Albany Public Library Board of Trustees. If you would like to know more about me and why I’m running for Trustee you can read my profile on the right side of the blog screen or scroll down to my April 21st post immediately below. This particular post is about the books on my nightstand.

The Albany Public Library has a wonderful selection of sources and media. Library members can get free internet access, and borrow CD’s and DVD’s. Members with computer savvy can download audio-books and e-books to their MP3 player, personal computer or PDA.

What about just plain old-fashioned books? I have several on my nightstand:

Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich - and Cheat Everybody Else by David Cay Johnston

Breaking Rank: A Top Cop’s Expose of the Dark Side of American Policing by Norm Stamper.

Educating Esme: Diary of a Teacher's First Year by Esme Raji Codell

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

I’m one of those people who have several books going at the same time. Sometimes you can hit a bit of a rough patch with a book and before you can pick it up again you have to read something a little different, maybe a little lighter. Of course my nightstand can also become stacked with magazines and newspaper articles that I’ve put aside for when I have more time to read them.

Finding time to read can often be a problem. My next blog post will include some tips for making time to read.

No comments: